Hello everyone. Thursday again! My God this week has flown. Tomorrow is Friday and also PAYDAY!! Yipeee. Not that that means much these days. It’s given in one hand and taken out of the other. It was my Mum’s birthday yesterday. She turned 64. My plan is to take her out for lunch on Saturday, maybe actually afternoon tea, I will wait and see what she fancies.
Over the last couple of months I have been feeling a bit shit if I’m being honest. I’m not sure if it’s the weather or what seems like an extra-long winter or that I’m spread so thinly with work, studies and a toddler or a combination of all three. I just feel a bit mehhhh. I have very little time to myself. In fact none! Long gone are the days when I would wallow in the bath for an hour with a book or consume a full box set in one day. Me time has become non-existent. I know this is something that needs remedied. So, I have written a list. You know I love lists. A list of things I hope will lift my mood over the incoming month.
- I’m going to finally book a hair appointment. My hair is starting to resemble that of Tom Hanks in Castaway. It’s really awful. The roots are not good!
- I have booked a couple of days away with my partner. A spa if you don’t mind. How fancy! (it’s his birthday weekend)
- I have joined the gym. Not too sure how I feel about this one, but I’m giving it a go. The membership includes entry to the pool and the leisure suit. That sounds more appealing to be fair.
- I need to organise my life a bit more. It’s pretty hectic. I don’t have much of a routine. I think routine would help free up a bit of time.
- The clocks are due to spring forward at the end of March. So finally! I will come home when it’s still bright. I can walk!
Anyway, that’s all for today! I will keep you updated. Hopefully come spring I will be a new woman, ready to conquer all….
Bye for now.
This is my Mum in the 70’s….she’s still a babe, even now “when she’s 64” (I have been torturing her with this song)